; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: We Are In

Monday, February 1, 2010

We Are In

This will be a first posting a blog from my phone. For once it will be a short post. :)

The movers arrived sat am and despite the fact that we told them to put the boxes in the garage and just the furniture in the house it still took them almost 4 hours to unload. Sigh. It was one big bill.

Despite the fact that the cable guy came right away sat, we can't seem to get the internet to work. Hopefully it will be set up in the next few days. In the meantime I can stay connected with my BB.

We had a few surprises with the house. One was a leak that wasn't disclosed. We had an inspection done so it should have been caught by the guy. Hopefully it's a fixed leak but fixing the ceiling will still be expensive.

Well tomorrow is my first night commute so hopefully it will go alright. I'm not keen on the drive but it's got to be done for now.

Still we are in and although it feels a little crowded already it's nice to know it's ours. It's also made me realize how much stuff we hold on to because we don't want to be wasteful. I really need to simplify and think twice about what we buy and why.

Anothe 2010 project!
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

3 comments:

  1. After my last move I swore that I wasn't going to keep buying and keeping so much stuff. I think I'm doing a little better but, then again, we haven't moved in 8 years.

    Glad you're in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! You're in! If the leak was undisclosed, can you get the past owners to pay for the damage? Isn't it amazing how much stuff we collect?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!! Hopefully you will feel settled soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.