; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: oooohhhhhhh it's getting close now.. yet another real estate update

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

oooohhhhhhh it's getting close now.. yet another real estate update

My husband phoned me up this afternoon at 4:00 p.m.  When I get this late of a phone call from him when he's supposed to be walking in the door in 10 minutes.  It's never a good thing.  

he asked:  "is mom and dad there?"
Me:  " Why"
he says:  "just because, are they there?"
I sigh and say:  "yes they are"
He says:  "I have some bad news"
I'm like crap, he has to work tonight. 
Then he says:   "John (realtor) is coming over at 4:30 to present us with an offer."
Me:  Squeal, Shriek, jump up and down. 

YES! Finally, an offer.   Somebody out there finally likes our house.  

Of course, it's never that easy.  We did not get the perfect offer.  They low balled us, of course. About $49,000.00 less.  We discussed it and including the realtor, have come to the consensus that they are just trying to see if they can get a good deal.  We are already $43,000 less than the assessed value according to our Province.  So... we countered back at about $10,000.00 less than our asking price.  I am not too hopeful.  They could always go and buy that other house down the road.  Although even our realtor says it's not a comparison at all.  On the other hand this buyer is from out of province and a lot of people from their province has been selling and buying homes on our island like crazy.  It's our mild climate that attracts them. 

So.... hopefully we will find out pretty quick.  They have until Thursday to come back to us. Otherwise, we start all over again.   Wish us luck. 


5 comments:

  1. I can't believe they actually offered you $49,000 less than you're asking price. Wow, that just blows me away! I would never think to low ball someone that much!!!

    I hope it all works out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I hope it works out, but that offer is insulting! Yeesh. I hope they are despe rate for your house! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh. I can't believe their offer was so low. Ugh. I hope they'll be satisfied with your counter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is pretty low. They must be first time buyers or just pretty odd people to do that. I've never bought a house, but I can feel your pain. I am so ready for a house of my own but we just aren't in a place to do so right now. It would be nice if you could add some how to's about buying houses on your site for us newbee's. I haven't see a blog about that yet. Your house will sell, keep up the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea Flower without a name.... I probably will blog quite a bit about the process of buying a house and who knows there may be a lesson in there. *LOL*

    In this house market right now.. everybody is out to make a deal. THat's just how it is. I'd never low ball that much though unless the house was WAY over priced and still then.. I'd just wait and see if they lower the price any more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.