; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Baking Just Got Easier!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Baking Just Got Easier!

Have you seen the new Dr. Oetker Shakers? They are amazing. They come in a variety of flavours from muffin mixes to cupcake to pancake mixes. All you have to do is add water or milk to the container, shake, shake, shake and pour out. How cool is that?

The biggest deterrent for me in baking more with my children is the mess. This way there is next to no mess. Once the liquid is added and the lid is on both E, J and even 2 year old O can take turns shaking the container. Of course, I will still have to do the pouring, unless I'm feeling very adventurous but how easy and simple is that?

When I first saw this product I thought for sure that it was going to be expensive. Most new things are, right? Well that's not the case. I did a quick check online and found the shakers on sale for $2.99 at Thrifty Foods (here in the West). That's actually a really good price point. And if you check out their site Dr. Oetker you can see what other happy users are doing to "customize" their mixes. Much like what I was doing with my last Recipe Tuesday Post on muffins. My favourite, fill the muffin or cupcake tins half way, add a dollop of jam and fill the rest of way and bake. That sounds delicious to me! Best of all the shakers have 0 trans fats and is a good source of fibre and prebiotics.

Also, right now you can enter to win everyday for a $1,200.00 Visa card or a 1 of 10 Dr. Oetker Shaker Fun Packs.

I absolutely love the idea of getting the pancake shaker and using it on the weekends as we are definitely a family that loves their pancakes. I definitely will be putting this on my grocery list for my next shop and will be waiting for the next rainy day to break it out with the kids.

E's birthday party is coming up next week.. this might just be a great idea for a cupcake party.

Post?slot_id=40874&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

3 comments:

  1. Sounds super easy and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Sounds fabulous... I hadn't heard of this so thankd for the head's up. I'll definitely check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, after my last muffin fiasco, I'm willing to try anything to make my life easier!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.