; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Movie Stars that Make you Drool - well me drool.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Movie Stars that Make you Drool - well me drool.

We all have our little guilty pleasures. You know those innocent little dreams wherein some hunky movie star takes one look at you and knows he has to become your love slave or die trying?

Of course, when push comes to shove, we wouldn't really give up our own darling husbands but a girl can dream, can't she?

So here are My Top Hunky Men:

1. Colin Firth - I fell in love with him first in Pride and Prejudice. Not the biggest speaking role ever but he met all the criteria for the perfect Mr. Darcy. This coming from a huge Ja
ne Austen fan who even named 2 of her children
after characters in her novels. Of course, Colin has continued to delight us in Bridget Jones' Diary, 1 and 2, Nanny Mcphee, Then She Found Me, Love Actually, Mamma Mia... Loved him all of those. He also starred in the
Importance of Being Ernest. I haven't seen it but it's on my list. Looks great. I actually once saw him in an interview on The View and he's actually hilariously funny. A very sharp British wit.

2. Jeremy Northam - I first saw him in The Net with Sandra Bullock but he played the villain in the piece so I never really paid too much attention to him. I later saw him in Emma wherein he played Mr. Knightley. I have seen both versions of Emma, the A&E and the BBC version. Both versions were good but the A&E version with Gwyneth Paltrow was more enjoyable becuase it was prettier and Mr. Knightley was to be shallow... better looking. I have yet to see him in anything else that I like him half so much as I did when he played Mr. Knightley.



3. John Hannah - Okay, you may be going who? He plays the main character in Sliding Doors, one of my all time favourite chick flicks. If you haven't seen it, watch it. It's great! He may not be drop dead gorgeous but there is just something so sexy and appealing about this man and his sexy Scottish accent.

See I have a thing for accents.. First 3... very sexy accents! I almost moved to England so I could marry me an accent, then hubby finally got his act together and proposed. *L*


4. Robert Beltran - yeah.. you are definitely going who, what, huh? He played Chakotay on Star Trek - Voyager. He was very sexy in that role. Was he or wasn't he going to get together with the Captain. Played the strong silent type. I haven't seen him in anything since.

And well that's my hunky movie star list for today... I could probably mention a few others but you know.. wouldn't want to make my
husband jealous... or anything. *L*


9 comments:

  1. I like Colin Firth. He's one of my favorite actors. He's kind of sexy too. :-)

    My favorite is Orlando Bloom. Whew. Then Jude Law. Marton Csokas is pretty nice too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Colin Firth too!! Yum!!

    I have odd taste in men...I absolutely go nuts for Ryan Reynolds. He melts my butter! Oh and Seth Rogen and Paul Rudd...yeah I know Seth Rogen is a wierd choice but he's sexy in a funny kinda way. And Paul Rudd....gorgeous, just plain gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I third (or fourth!) the vote for Colin Firth!!

    With a title like that I got over here in record time. I guess sex really does sell...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love him as Mr. Knightley with an absolute passion! But, you need to see Jeremy Northam in the excellent "The Winslow Boy" and the whimsical "The Misadventures of Margaret". Even when the movie is below average, he is *always* above average!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And don't forget... Benjamin Bratt phew sexy!!! or Mark Ruffalo... mm mm mmm *LOL*

    *Re Jeremy - I haven't seen those movies.. I'll have to check it out. He's also in Gosford Park which apparently is an excellent movie!

    I've always liked them tall and dark which is probably why I married my hubby... I like to say he's my Mr. Darcy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I'm not one for crushes, I always love a little eye candy. Beautiful eyes, nest stomach and chest, and if it's topped off with an Irish or Australian accent- well, be still my beating heat. But lately I've been admiring Leonardo DiCaprio, which is weird because I never crushed on him when he was a heart throb.

    Oh, and as for your "disclaimer" my husband has a list of women that "If my wife was hit by a beer truck, I just *might* go out with these women" AKA In a heartbeat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Call me crazy, but there is something about Nicholas Cage - maybe the baby blues? I find him hot hot hot. Speaking of hotties,check out the hunk in this video - which happened to be the topic of conversation at Mommy & Me today and after I watched it, I understood why! Great eye candy as well as quite funny and highly mommy relevent! Wonder what my hubby would think if I suggested this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iURGJpoEcn0

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get it, I really do. Robert Beltran is also in Eating Raoul and Night of the Comet. Love Colin (Darcy) Firth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Regarding brilliant Jeremy Northam I would recommend Enigma, The Winslow Boy and An Ideal Husband - you will enjoy them all. He is currently filming in Miami Trauma series. Come and visit our community at http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2007/04/jeremy_northam_.html
    for more information and sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.