; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Thank the Good Lord for Nanas

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thank the Good Lord for Nanas


I think the post should say... All is quiet on the western front.  That's how it feels today.  After my usual morning routine... E asked if she could go up and visit Nana after the O'ster went down for his nap. (mom holds her breath)  Nana said yes.  So after lunch off the little darlings went.  O to slumberland and J &E to Nanaland.  These are the days I absolutely LOVE living with the inlaws. 

So here I am about to sit down with a book, the water's boiling for tea, I've got 3 macadamia nut cookies... okay I'm lying I've got 6 cookies baking in the oven as we speak er type and for a short little while all is peaceful and good in my world.  Until at least 2:00 p.m. that is. 

Do you struggle with the me time?  Like I have this small window of peace, shouldn't I really be organizing my drawers, sorting through toys, folding laundry, you know all those things that are difficult to do with the kids running around?  I struggle with it.  Because let's face it, I'd rather not be cleaning right now.  I want to be doing this, reading, drinking tea or even having a short nap on the sofa.  I'd rather try and clean while my kids are around (bad mommy) so when I have these breaks they really can be "me" breaks.  My dishes are done, the floor only has 6 toys currently on it.  The masses of laundry are for once put away.  So I figure I should be relatively guilt free.  The hidden messes like the junk drawer are just that.. hidden.  So I'm not going to feel bad about that.  

I've found I'm getting good at cleaning creatively.  I either get the kids involved.  Who knew throwing dirty laundry in the washing machine was just so much fun.  If your kids help you, do make sure you check the machine before you turn the water on, sometimes when O runs out of clothes, he finds other things to toss in there.  Soggy toilet paper roll in a load of darks.  YUM!  So we'll clean, then play, then clean, then play and so on. 

DING... ahhhh cookies are ready.  Okay.. so envy me just a little right now.  It's okay because the next quiet moment you get.. I will be looking on with envy. 

A Toast to the me time!
Cheers
Zeemaid



1 comment:

  1. Oh, I remember the days! My kids are a little older now, but I still relish the alone time. But somehow it seems that when I get alone time, I'm always interrupted!

    Great blog - I love your writing style!

    I'm following you on blogger now...would you be so kind to do the same for me?
    http://eightymphmom.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.