; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Top Ten Thursday - At The Movies

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Top Ten Thursday - At The Movies


I own a video store, actually two video stores and I get asked frequently what are my all time favourite movies. Unfortunately, I almost always draw a complete blank when I get put on the spot like that. Why, because I have what you'd call an eclectic taste in movies. From chick flicks to Crime to Drama, I love it. Yes, the same woman who can appreciate a good and gritty action flick can get all get all soppy and moony over some romantic comedy.

So I'd thought it would be fun to browse around my store and list out my Top Ten Favourite Movies. Keep in mind that these are movies that I could watch over and over again. Well not #4, it was good but not repeatable watching good. Can I get a drumroll please?

My Top Ten Favourite Movies

1. Pride and Prejudice - the A&E six hour version because 6 hours is just not enough Jane Austen.

2. Bridget Jone's Diary - Just a wonderful feel good chick flick and not only Hugh Grant is in it, but also my all time fav hunk, Colin Firth.

3. Australia - Hugh Jackman is in it, need I really say more? Seriously, it's a great action adventure epic style movie set in Australia. Makes me want to travel there.

4. Gran Torino - An amazing Clint Eastwood movie. Gritty and raw.

5. Joe vs. the Volcano - an oldy but a goody with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. Cute and funny.

6. Sliding Doors - Absolutely love this movie. It just cracks me up and makes me cry and feel good all at the same time (and you know how I hate to cry). Plus I'd so love to be Gywneth Paltrow. ;0)

7. Love Song for Bobby Long - An amazing movie starring John Travolta. Never heard of it? I'm not surprised, I think it went straight to video but wow, it's one of those movies you watch not knowing what you are letting yourself in for. It was amazing.

8. The Baker - a British Comedy about a hitman who ends up hiding out in a bakery only to be mistaken by the locals for the real baker so he suddenly has to learn how to... bake. Plus there is this amazing sex scene involving baked goods. (Jennifer, I know you're going to want to check it out ;) Just about rivals 9 1/2 weeks.

9. The Count of Monte Cristo - A great historical type movie. Has action, love and revenge. Hunky actors like Jim Caviezel and Guy Pearce.

10. The Stand - A Stephen King movie based on his novel about a super bug that kills off most of the population leaving the survivors to make two camps, the good and the bad. Probably the best depiction of a Stephen King novel that I have ever seen. Very true to the book. It's a little dated now but still great to watch. And one of my other fav hunky men, Gary Sinise is in it. Sigh.. I had a few end of the world fantasies with just me and Gary in it... ;)

There are even a couple more that I could add to this list but hey, I'm supposed to stick to 10.

So, what are your favourite movies?

Why not take a break and play Top Ten Thursday? Grab our button, choose your
Top Ten topic (or use ours!), post it on your blog, and link up!

Be sure to check out my lovely co-hosts and their awesome blogs:

Happy Thursday relaxing!

9 comments:

  1. Yes, me too on Gran Torino! I was surprised at how much I enjoyed that movie since it's a little off my normal type of movie pick. Regardless, I was crying at the end so I'd give it a big thumbs up as well! Way to go Eastwood!

    Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just gave me some movie ideas! I haven't seen most of these, but love, love, LOVE Sliding Doors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!! I'ma do this on my blog! :D And you just added some to my list of movies to see or re-watch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at BAKED GOODS.

    ... ooooh, how you know me. How. You. Know. Me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I just watched Gran Torino the other night. And cried like a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Gran Torino too! Such a great movie. Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I'm like, I haven't seen that or that. I've seen that one. Man, I should really see these if Zeemaid says they're good. And then I screamed when I saw you loved The Stand. I think that is the best novel adaption EVER. Though I haven't seen or read Harry Potter. I know. I'm a freak.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Gran Torino and while watching that I just fell in love with Clint Eastwood. He did such a great job and I love what he stands for! Respect...respect for your elders, respect for tradition, etc. Great movie. I haven't seen Austrailia yet, but I want to very soon. Good list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.