; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Do girls really just want to have fun?

Friday, September 18, 2009

Do girls really just want to have fun?


May be we do, we just don't get to. We get to face reality. The whole "party on dude" mentality of the eighties and nineties has had to make way for the "gotta get it done" mentality of motherhood. Because not only do I have the greys and Aunt Flo visiting this week but I also came down with a nasty cold. Hmmm... no wonder I'm tired and grey.


Do I get to laze around on the couch sipping hot tea and feel sorry for myself? Nooooo. I have to cook, clean, wipe snotty noses and chauffeur kids back and forth to school. Add to that that we are showing our house tomorrow not once but twice. So I've had to get a kick start on cleaning today because I'm going out tomorrow and it would be really mean of me to leave hubby with all of it to do by himself. Although a part of me wants to cause it happens to me like all of the time but... I am basically a nice person. I SAID basically.


That's right. I'm going out. Sans children. Sans husband. Solo. Well maybe not completely solo, I'm going with my mother. My birthday is on Sunday and my mom is taking me out tomorrow... overnight. To do what, I have no idea. It's a surprise. How cool is that? I miss spending time with my mom. We used to do a lot of things together but since I've had kids that time has dwindled down quite a bit and any time we do have involves the kids usually.


It's been a long time since anything like that has been done for me. The last time my mom threw a surprise party for me I spoiled it by showing up early. *LOL*


So I'm very excited and hope that this stupid cold is gone by tomorrow. I do feel somewhat better today so hopefully another good nights sleep will do the trick.


Plus my SIL let slip that we might do a bonfire at her house on Sunday night. Could my mom be keeping me out for almost two whole days? Woo hoo!!!!


Course my husband had to get in there with what if we get an offer on the weekend. Um... they'll have to wait cause ........ It's. My. Birthday. oh yeah.


;0)


So you all have a wonderful weekend. I'll let you know what the surprise was on Monday. Too bad my mom's not a spa gal.... sigh.. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, secrets are so fun! I hope your mother has something wonderful up her sleeve and the two showings go well. Can't wait to hear about your weekend - Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday...I can't wait to hear about the surprise!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your responsibility free moments!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful, exciting, child-free weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Can't wait to hear what the surprise was! Hope you enjoyed your time away from the family... it's good for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.