; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Let's Get to know... Me better.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Let's Get to know... Me better.

Just what you all have been dying for. A chance to get to know me better. ;0)

One thing that doesn't always translate well online is humour. Sometimes it's hard to read between the lines and get the little sly joke that may be in there. Which is probably why I use "lol" so frequently in comments. Some days I feel like I've regressed to a teenage girl stuck in the "valley". Like OMG, gag me with a spoon, like no way. I soooooo did not sound like that blahblahblah many years ago.

Now, of course, those of you who read my posts on How to Torture your Husband know that I possess a slightly warped sense of humour. But what else?

Well, I don't like slapstick but appreciate a sense of the bizarre. I can enjoy a good risque joke but not to the point of over the top vulgarity and especially not when some old man is trying to tell me a risque joke. Blah. I don't like those Jack@ss shows where some guy does stupid tricks.

I especially love British Humour and all other forms of dry wit and sarcasm. The British are famous for it. ;)

So I thought maybe I'd share some of the things that I've discovered online that make me laugh. This video is one of them. Now, I have to warn you it is a little risque so if you are easily offended, please skip this video. If you have a decent sense of humour though, you will find this funny. Still... don't say I didn't warn you. ;)

8 comments:

  1. Now this is funny!! I laughed so hard I cried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! I seem to be a sucker for British humor myself! I just love it! Thanks for the laugh!

    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious!!!
    And they are actually really good singers! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A LITTLE risque? That's the understatement of the century! I didn't know what to expect, but it certainly wasn't a power ballad about, well, you know...

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the record, I wasn't offended, just caught by surprise! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.