; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: It

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It

It's a grey day. Literally. The sky is grey so outside is pretty grey looking and even my home is grey without lights. I hate having the lights on during the day but our place is just so dreary in semidarkness. Is the summer really over? I think it's well on the way to being fall soon. The demise of another summer.

I am going to miss summer. I love that we can send the kids outside to play and not worry about slippery pants. I love that putting the wading pool out equals a whole afternoon of fun. I really love going camping and spending time just hanging out at the beach. I love my capris. LOVE my capris. I wish I could wear them year round. Yeah, there are those that do but I am not one of those bold fashion setters. Capris are for sandals thank you very much not socks and sneakers. ;)

The thing is at the end of every summer I feel that we haven't done enough, taken advantage of the good weather enough. We didn't take the kids to the beach enough, we didn't go camping enough etc. Of course with the recession everyone is doing staycations this year and the best we could swing was camping for 5 nights and that's because my parents lent us their trailer and my brother lent us his camping spot. Otherwise, when you are self employed it's really hard to get away. There always seems to be some sort of crisis with the staff.

Then we get these grey days and it's hard not to feel the end of summer blues. It's been a big adjustment getting E off to school again and having to start supervising her with homework and organizing her. It's a good thing I was a secretary in another life because I adjusted to it easier than I thought I was going to. When we first got E's day planner I was having a bit of a panic when I saw all that she/we were expected to prepare for. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for those that are not organizationally inclined.

Then I tried to write a little last night on my story and you know I was completely stumped on how to start it off. I'd type out two sentences, delete one. Back and forth. Back and forth. Then I'd think there is no way I have any talent or it wouldn't be this hard. I'm going to have to get back into some writing exercises because I need to just let go and write and then edit later.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.