; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Murphy's Law or just my dumb luck?

Monday, February 2, 2009

Murphy's Law or just my dumb luck?


Do you all know about Murphy's Law?  The old adage that anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.   

Today wasn't totally one of those days.  It wasn't a bad day, just a busy day.  I had to get the E off to school and Nana kindly offered to sit the other two while I went grocery shopping.  I looked at my messy house (we had a busy weekend) and almost said  no but I knew that if I didn't take her up on it then I'd be doing a late night shop this evening after we put the kids to bed.  Now I don't like to do late night shops.  I'm tired, besides they start to clean out the deli counter and produce and bread bins at night so the selection is much less.  I digress. 

So I left a very messy house behind, went grocery shopping.  That was just fine.  Got home had to race to put groceries away with J helping me the entire time.  You should see the inside of my pantry cupboard.  Decided to wash my hair because Mommy never got a chance to shower this a.m.  Ugh.  I hate having to go out with greasy hair.  You know how it doesn't really look greasy but you're worried someone else will notice a shiny spot and realize you didn't wash your hair today?

So I do all that and am trying to quickly pick up toys before Nana comes down so I can go pick up E, when O comes up to me saying in his baby voice..."ook" and holding up a brown looking hand in my face.  OMG.   It's pooh.  His hand is covered in POOP.  What's more, his blanky is covered in poop.  Where did this poop come from?  Well, apparently he stuck his hand down his poopy diaper and had a good feel around down there.  So he's got poop up his back as well and on his clothes.   

So I quickly grab his wrist to make sure he doesn't touch anything, get him all cleaned up, then have to proceed to sanitize the sink and the floor.  Oh did I mention we got poop on the floor when changing because it was so far up his back it just smeared out of his diaper everywhere?   Where's Nana when you need her.  

Then I had to race back to school pick up E, bring her home, feed them all lunch, pack snacks, dress them and get them all inside the van and drive an hour to meet up with my friend.  We were spending the afternoon at her house and having dinner.  

In the meantime, I have left an entirely messy house behind and I mean messy.  Laundry is overflowing the baskets, the playroom is littered with toys, our living room has blankies, toys, cups, bowls and books from one end to the other and our kitchen has all the left over clutter from colouring, painting, craft making, food clutter that could be possible.  The sink was full of dishes.  Are you getting the picture?    

I tried, I really did try to tidy up before we left, I did get the table cleaned and the lunch dishes cleared.  They just all didn't make it to the dishwasher.  

So we're having a lovely evening at KCs, (the pot roast, potatoes and yorkshire puddings were delicious by the way) when we get a phone call.  (Darn cellphones).  They'd like to show our house tomorrow afternoon. 

Oh no.   The one day when I am completely behind in all things housholdish, they call.  They haven't called for three months.  Oh there was this near miss last weekend, they called us on short notice and then never called back again.. so we cleaned anyways just in case they did call and set up a time. 

So here we are madly cleaning (I'm taking a break obviously) and organizing.  I am going to be totally stressed tomorrow trying to get everything cleaned.   Thank goodness, both E and J are off to school tomorrow for the morning. 

So.... everyone out there, put your prayers into effect that this is it, these are finally the ones that are going to buy this house.  

I'll keep you posted. 

Zeemaid  

2 comments:

  1. Sheesh, what a day. You forgot the last part of Murphy's Law: Anything that CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong, and at the WORST possible time!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, those kind of days stink! (And I'm not just talking about the poop part!) I hated having to keep the house clean for showings...it's the worst. Hope you get an offer soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.