; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Wow, it's a Double Award Day

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wow, it's a Double Award Day


Hey all, apparently I also received a Noblesse Oblige award courtesy of Jennifer at It's a Beauty Filled Life.  

One of the conditions of the award is that I have to write a short post about what my blog has achieved so far.  At first I thought this was a tough question.  After all, this is mostly a journal blog of my life.  I haven't so far managed to promote World Peace.  I avoid big political discussions, the environment and have not once mentioned crazy Britney Spears on this site. 

So then what has my blog actually achieved in this short time?  It's opened the doors to new friendships with women from all over the country that I normally would never have met.  It's shown me that there are other crazy ladies out there that share my views.  

Through my blog I have come to emphasize with the plight of many Americans in this recession. We are going through a recession here in Canada but it's no where near as harsh as what is currently happening in the US.  Reading these women's blogs who are afraid for their jobs or have already lost their jobs.. makes it that much more real.  

Through my blog I have relearned some HTML code that I had long forgotten. 

Through my blog, I have learned that volunteering at an elementary school is not for the feint of heart.   Check out Kathy B's post .

Through my blog I have discovered an outlet for some of my pent up frustrations of being a SAHM. 

Through my blog I have newly discovered a creative side. 

Just to name a few. 

I would like to pass this award on to


All three of these ladies stand out because of their amazing sense of humour, constant encouragement and wickedly funny writing styles. 

This Award is presented to bloggers who display consistency in any one (or a combination) of these conditions:

1. The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.

2. The blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.

3. There is a clear purpose to the blog; one that fosters a better understanding of Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.

4. The Blog is refreshing and creative.

5. The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.

The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:

1. Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.

2. The Blogger must display the Award in any location on their blog.

3. The Award conditions must be displayed in the post.

4. Write a short article about what their blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older posts to support.

5. The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.


So congratulations ladies. :)

6 comments:

  1. Such bloggy love. How fun for you! After checking out your site a bit more today, it is obviously very well deserved.

    I agree that blogging is an amazing way to connect to others in a similar situation. As another SAHM, I am continually amazed and humbled by the stories that I read.

    -Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve an award solely for the fact that you have never mentioned Britney Spears!
    :)

    Congrats, you deserve it. Love your blog.

    Brought about some clickiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award, and for the shout out!! I'm very flattered. I really enjoy reading your blog and I'm glad you're learning so much and making new friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks so much. I'm so touched.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on all your awards:-) That's awesome!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving such sweet comments! I hope to see you back there soon:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.