; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Oh where oh where has my Sanity gone...

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oh where oh where has my Sanity gone...


oh where oh where could it be? 

My husband is laughing at me.  You see, he came home to me taking pictures of our dinner.  Yeah, that's right, of our dinner.  I had a new recipe, thought I'd take pics and post the recipe if it turned out to be a hit (it did by the way).  

Now normally I am happy to amuse my man, that is part of why he fell in love with me after all:  my sharp wit and outrageous, some times twisted, sense of humour.   This time; however, it made me realize just how crazy I am getting with this whole blogging thing. Seventy percent of my conversation is about blogging, either what I've posted or what others have posted.  "Come read this" is a constant phrase heard in our home.  Blogging has lately replaced reading novels for me.  I have two, TWO, novels sitting on my night table, one of which I have only read 5 pages in. Anyone who knows me knows that this is bizarre behaviour.  

"Who are you and what have you done with my wife?" 

I would usually devour these books in two days.  I just can't fit blogging, child care and reading in.   Something has to go and it can't be the kids can it?  No. No. Of course not.  I love them. Really, I do.  

So enthusiastic was I, that I even posted pictures of my MESSY house.  WTH?  Not exactly good for the ego.  Now I have to say thinking it over today, I am a little embarrassed about that post.  (I'm tempted to go back and delete them) I do have After pictures but I don't know if I am going to bother posting them.  Really, who cares?  I do, of course.  I love seeing my house looking all lovely and clean.   Record time for it staying that clean... 6.7 seconds. :)  Like Kathy B said, it's just going to get messy again.  

Lately I have been reading so many blogs thanks to SITS that I have gotten tons of new ideas of what I could be doing with my blog.  Don't worry, I'm not out to steal any body's niche.  I have no plans to start up a craft page or recipe page but see no harm in posting what I'm working on. 

Maybe it's a good thing that while I was cooking tonight's dinner I had about 3 different conversations going on in my head about things to post.  (Most of which I will forget by the time I sit down to type)  At least my creative juices are flowing.  Maybe this is good practice for when I finally get down to writing my novel. (I know there's one inside my head somewhere)

Still, am I all over the map with this?  Should I just stick with just household anecdotes about my kids and husband, with the odd paid post thrown in for good measure?  Or is eclectic a good thing?  

How about a poll:    Should a blog stick to just one thing? 

I wanna know. :)

4 comments:

  1. I think you should make your blog whatever you'd like it to be.
    Hey, I know that was extremely helpful :)
    sending clicky love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopped by looking for Wenda, she's wanted in my state for public drunkiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have to stay true to who you are to make your blog interesting and readable. If picking one thing fits with your personality go with it, but if you are more the all over the map type you should stick to that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everyone above! I think a blog is kind of a fluid thing. If you try too hard to carve a specific niche you may frustrate yourself trying to stay within it. You're also a better writer, though, so that might not be as hard for you. I say, just write what feels right (clever!!) and the rest will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.