; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: A Very Short Movie Review from Date Night

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Very Short Movie Review from Date Night

So clever those of you who figured out we wouldn't go see Shrek. While I am a fan of the series, it is simply not a great enough film for the very rare date night.  Other movies like Ironman 2 and Robin Hood need to be seen on the big screen.

So we went to.... drum roll please

Ironman 2

I wouldn't have minded going to see Robin Hood as I have always been a fan of the whole story and anything medieval is pretty cool.  However, I was disappointed to find that Russell Crowe played Robin Hood, not a fan of Russell. Anyways, I had been wanting to see Ironman 2 for a while now and it is definitely a movie to see on the big screen.

The Verdict?  All in all an entertaining film.  Lots of action, lots of drama.  I have become more and more of a Robert Downey jr. fan these days.  I just wish there was a little more romance between him and Pepper, that he was less of a smoozy womanizer and I have to admit the action part in the end did have me getting to the point like.... c'mon let's get it over with already.  I can only watch so many droids get smashed, if you know what I mean.  Mind you, that could be because my butt was going numb.  The seats were less than comfy in the theatre.  The theatre film quality was so poor that we constantly saw lines through the film.  Hubby says that must be the theatre lens.  We finally move to a city that actually has it's own theatre and we don't have to drive 30 minutes to get to it and we're stuck with a crappy one that hasn't been updated in over 20 years.  Sigh. 

And there was one part in the film that was sort of confusing like I had missed something from the first film. Now it's been awhile since I saw the first Ironman but I know I've watched it twice.  Can anyone tell me if there is a reference to the "Shield" in the first one? 

Later at home, I was reflecting on how it would have been nice to have been brought a cup of tea in the last half hour of the film and thought.... I really am a homebody. *L*   I am starting to see the advantages of building my own home theatre. 

2 comments:

  1. I will put that on my "watch" list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw it and we thought it was pretty good, though Tim was a bit disappointed with the last action scene, saying it ended too quickly for him. Funny, it's usually me saying that...

    Sorry, that was probably way TMI!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.