; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Out of the mouths of babes

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes


We were over at my mom's yesterday.  My grandma lives with my mom and has an old dog.  For the record.. my mom is referred to as Nana and great-grandma is just grandma.  At some point E crawled under the table with the dog, Brandy, and had a little chat with him oblivious to the fact that we were listening in.  It went something like this: 

E looking at the dogs underbelly  "hey, you don't have any fur on your tummy. Look at yourself, you're all wrinkly and don't have any fur there.  You're getting old.... like grandma."  

My mom just about spit out her coffee, laughing.  My grandmother who is hard of hearing missed all this. My mother took almost fiendish delight in relaying it to her.  

Kids can just be a little too honest.  


6 comments:

  1. Trying asking them what they think of your outfit sometime... better than a full length mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too funny! I just love it! Kids say the darndest things.

    Becca

    Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha!! Thanks for the giggle! I bet "grandma" got a kick out of that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable. I'm glad to hear that grandma doesn't have any fur on her belly either. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.