; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: A few stolen moments

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A few stolen moments

We're about to head out for dinner after I've just spent the last hour and a half pampering myself in the jacuzzi tub to come out steaming and pruny and hopefully more relaxed muscles.

Have you ever been in a jetted tub? Do you know what happens when you put in bubble bath in a jetted tub? Let's just say there are bubbles galore. My husband laughed for about 5 minutes straight. He, of course, had to help me clear out the tub before I could sit down and fill it again. THe longer the jets were on the more the bubbles built up. It just wouldn't stop.

We had a wonderfully relaxing day. We had a lovely gourmet breakfast with our hosts and spent at least an hour chatting with them. Then we headed to the beach where we probably spent about two hours picking up sea glass. Have you seen sea glass? I'll take a picture and post it. It's so addictive to find that we just couldn't stop ourselves. Then, wind swept and feeling refreshed we headed into town to do some antique shopping er browsing. They have an entire street that's called "Antique Row". How lovely is that?

We saw lots of lovely things but nothing that absolutely had to come home with us. Fortunately. We did manage to buy me some books, there was a lovely mystery novel second hand book store and get some warm buddies, pets with bean bags to warm up inside.

Ooops hubby's waiting. Ta ta for now.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds fabulous! Next time pack me up in your suitcase and take me with you :) I don't eat much and I'm potty trained and very quiet. You'll never know I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so great. My husband and I have never stayed in a B&B but have talked about it many times. It sounds like you are really enjoying your trip. It also sounds like you are relaxing which is something I am so jealous of!

    Becca

    Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, too much fun! I can't wait for our turn at the B&B, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.