; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Strange Things I find in my Washing Machine

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Strange Things I find in my Washing Machine

Being a mother is not for the faint of heart or weak of stomach.  Beyond the poop, vomit and various other bodily fluids our children decide to inflict upon us, we must also brace ourselves for pockets full of goodies, mysterious toys in the laundry hamper and the unknown.

I've long ago decided that I draw the line at putting my hand blindly into pants or coat pockets.  While my children so far have not delighted me with the gift of a snake or bugs, you just never know when the thought is going to enter their fiendish little minds.  You would think that this wouldn't extend to my husband, after all, he's a grown man, he wouldn't put something scary in his pockets for me to find.  I'm right.  Just screws, which almost ruined our machine or wait..... maybe that's why the darn thing screeches.  No, I'm pretty sure it did that before.

Then there was the diaper tossed into a laundry hamper.  I'm sure little O was trying to be helpful when he tossed that pee filled diaper in with his laundry.  Note:  it takes many, many washings to get that gel crap out of the machine, not to mention getting in there with your hands and scooping it out.  You'd think once it went through a cycle with soap it wouldn't smell so bad.  No, it still stinks. 

So like I said you have to brave when you come across this....



The first time I was "surprised" by hoochee was in the shower.  My brother gave each one of the kids their own hoochee the last time we were at their house, trying to be the "cool' uncle and all.  And I owe him once since I was the "cool" aunt that bought my nephew the noisiest and most obnoxious alarm clock on the planet for his 4th birthday.  He still has it to this day. (He's 17)  Heh heh.  So when he offers my kids wiggly little hoochees that most likely have been sitting around in  a dirty tackle box for the past year, I just can't say no.  I don't know what he might buy them for their next birthday.

So while I admit that I might have cast a startled glance at the little bugger when I found him sitting in my shower, I'm glad to say I never even missed a beat when I spotted him in the washing machine... other than to grab my camera, of course.

At least now I won't have to worry about O sticking it his mouth.

2 comments:

  1. Eeeew, that thing is kinda creepy!!!

    I remember the days of opening up my washer and seeing that gel crap everywhere because one of the kids was trying to be helpful by putting their diaper in the wash. UGH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been startled to find that in the shower.
    Though, I think I might have to start checking pockets . . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.