; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Not Me Monday

Monday, July 13, 2009

Not Me Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


K did not get a phone call from the realtor asking to show the house in half an hour.

I was not out shopping by myself. I was not kidless for the first time in ages (except when I go to work). I did not forget to take my cell phone. I did not spend half an hour in the 2nd hand book shop picking out books to escape reality in when I should have been heading home.

I did not come home to see my husband frantically cleaning the windows. I did not think, how sweet he decided to surprise me by cleaning. I did not come in to find him and the kids going absolutely crazy trying to tidy up.

I did not clap my hands and jump up and down in excitement when I heard that he had to clean the house... by himself. I did not gloat gleefully in the fact that for once it was him who had to clean the house and manage 3 kids on short notice for a change.

I am not that petty or small. I'm not.... really.

5 comments:

  1. LOL! Yay for the hubs having to clean house and mommy alone time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice when the husbands help out. Even if they really had no choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT when the shoe is on the other foot and I am owning that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just lived my fantasy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.