; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: 10th Anniversary and Re-Runs

Thursday, July 9, 2009

10th Anniversary and Re-Runs

It's our 10th wedding anniversary tomorrow. I know we took a mini holiday back in February but as we can't afford to do much this year and we have some travel points on our card, we've decided to ship the kids off to the grandparents and spend the night at a nice hotel.

You can tell how far we have come and that we have children when there is nothing more that we'd rather do than hole up in our hotel room with take out. Because of the points, we decided to splurge a little with a better room and then close the doors to the world. For at least one night anyways.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed. In my mind, this is a pretty big event and was hoping to do some kind of party or trip etc. But alas, recession being what it is there is just not the money to put on a party. I won't even get my 10th anniversary ring that goes with my set. Sigh. I know, not a big deal, when there are so many others out there worse off than us. But still, this is not where I pictured us 10 years ago, finanacially that is.

So... I won't be posting. We are also showing the house tomorrow at noon so I have to clean and get the kids ready to go. O is staying home with upstairs Nana and the girls are going to faraway Nana. So I would have been cleaning in any event because you know.. my MIL is coming... down. *LOL*

So I thought I'd go back and pull some of my older posts and post them as way back then I had no followers and not a single commenter (poor me).

I'll be back some time Saturday. Have a great weekend!



4 comments:

  1. First I love the new look on your blog. I just passed my 36th wedding anniversary and we had dinner and that was it, just dinner, a cheap one. Thank you economy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrads! Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!

    I actually love to stay in with hubby, and I like take-out, so I would not mind this (we are married just over one year, though).

    I love to be alone with him more than being with lots of people, so I consider this idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.