; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Big Plans for the Summer

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Big Plans for the Summer

todo_xlg07My husband laughs at me because of all the things I plan to accomplish this summer. 

You see, I want to make this the best summer for my kids this year. We can’t afford much in the way of vacations and haven’t done a whole lot in that sense over the last few years so I’d really like to plan some fun things for them to do.  Plus I tend to be a homebody so I usually opt to go out as little as possible. Which means we usually miss even the free stuff that’s out there.

I have it all set out in my mind how things are going to go.  I’m going to get up and not laze around in the morning so they can go outside as early as possible.  Then we will set some time aside each day to practice reading and math, something which E struggles with. I am determined that she will go back to school in a much better state than she left it. Without undue pressure on her, of course.

Then, I am going to plan out free events each week, we’ll alternate between parks and/or the library or museums (the cheap ones) etc.

Of course, spend plenty of time in the pool. 

Convince hubby to buy a tent so we can go camping.

Teach E how to ride a bike.   I feel so guilty we haven’t spent enough time helping her with this.

AND…. paint the upstairs.  We seriously need to finish painting the stairway and landing upstairs.  Plus the kids really want their rooms done too.

Of course, hubby would like to know when I’m going to get all this done.

What are your summer plans?

4 comments:

  1. I think it's great to set a lot of goals, and I think you can accomplish a ton over the summer! We are hoping to get Hannah riding training-wheel free by the end of the summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I just plan on surviving this summer! After my hometown was wiped out in a tornado, someone close to me became very ill, a good friend was in a horrible car wreck and then my grandfather dying I have been sputtering for air. RSVP to a baby shower? Please. I can't be bothered with such details!! Take my kids to the pool and lounge. Yup. I can do that. I just don't want to talk to other moms. I'd rather stare into the calming water and try to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have the best of intentions like your list. I end up being too tired though and something always comes up. I think I need to lower my expectations and just plan on doing something fun at least once per week. We went to the library and a free museum this week. Our school starts in a month officially so we are on the countdown to the end of summer. Next week we may do a sewing project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I'm super excited for you. How's it all going?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.