; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Am I crazy?

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Am I crazy?

My middle child is celebrating her 5th birthday this weekend. She opted for a cupcake party and we decided to wait until her birthday is done before we decorate for Christmas.

Who knows why I want to bother for a bunch of 5 year olds but I'd really like to finish painting the family room and kitchen. I know....way to leave it until the last minute. But my rationale is that once we put up the xmas decorations we won't want to paint and then we're stuck till january. I'd really like to not be sitting down to xmas dinner staring at patched drywall.

Am I completely crazy? K is working so I will only have his help in the evenings which is a poor time to paint. Just clearing my counters and top of my fridge practically decimated my kitchen yesterday. Just wait until there's paint cans and trays all over.

It makes me more than just a little envious that my mom just hired painters. She is now done. Sigh.
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

3 comments:

  1. Oh, what a busy time. I am grateful I do not have any family birthdays to deal with on top of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a crazy time...hats off to you for attempting to add one more thing to your list. Our anniversary is this weekend and right after Christmas is our 1st born's birthday. It's crazy until new year!! Sorry it's been soo long in visiting my baaa tribe members...I'll spread some tribe love now. Happy Holidays!

    http://survivingandthrivinginmom-dom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The holidays are always a crazy time! There is a program I'm working on that revolves around the holidays. I’m currently working on a program for Proctor & Gamble and Iams pet food. After looking through your site, I think that it could be a good fit for you. If you’d like more information, please drop me a note at trevor@rocketxl.com and I will follow up with additional details. I look forward to connecting with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.