; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Rachael Ray Cookware Review

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Rachael Ray Cookware Review

Finally I get to review my new Rachael Ray casserole dish.  I say finally because although it arrived like the day before Christmas, I have been staring at it since then just dying to use it.  It is just as gorgeous in reality as it was in the photo.   So pretty I didn't even want to put it away.  It literally sat atop my stove since I opened the box just waiting for me to bake something in it.

It's little wonder that the first official day of not eating leftovers with the in-laws that I broke it in with a good ol tuna casserole. That would have been a great idea if  I had any tuna left.  A fact I failed to discover until I had already started cooking the pasta and sauteing the mushrooms and onions. Not to worry, a quick dig in the freezer revealed a package of ground turkey and with a few minor adjustments, a little curry and other seasonings I had a repeater according to my husband.

Repeater   Definition:  A dish worth repeating.

One of the first things I liked about this dish was the handles.  I had my noodles in the colander in the sink and  just reached over and grabbed the dish by a handle and moved it over.  The style made it so easy to do.  It is solid stoneware but not so heavy that it was uncomfortable to lift with one hand. Dishwasher, microwave and get this... freezer safe.  It can handle up to 500 F in the oven with a nonporous interior so food won't interact.  The glazed color continues through into the interior of both the dish itself and the lid and the lid fits nice and snug.

Could I have made this recipe in any old casserole dish?  Sure but it never would have looked quite this delicious!  This is literally one of those dishes that can go straight from the oven to the table it is so lovely.





I had so much fun looking for cookware sets at Cookware.com and really appreciate the opportunity to review this casseround.  Their website was easy to use and carries all sorts of name brands.  Once I received the shipping confirmation, it took less than a week for it to arrive all the way to my home here on the west coast of Canada. That fact is amazing considering it's possibly the busiest shipping week of the year.  Obviously they ship both to the U.S. and Canada and they always seem to have plenty of sales going on.

So definitely a positive experience for me and worth a look.  I already have my eye on one or two others things over there. ;0)

*please note that I was not paid for this review.  I received the dish complimentary from CSN Stores to conduct the review.  Other than that this review represents my own opinions and personal experience with the product. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a gorgeous looking dish. Does it come in red? I've been looking at her stuff wondering if I want to "cheat" on my KitchenAid and Pampered Chef kitchen products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great review, I love that casserole dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. I think I might just get one for my mom who loves blue.
    Question: Did you just add one more thing for yourself to pack? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I had wondered about her products.Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You for the review! I love the look of the casserole dish, the handles make it a breeze to carry from the oven to table.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.