; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Countdown to Christmas

Monday, December 21, 2009

Countdown to Christmas

Well we are still on pins and needles today to see if we get the financing for our home. We hope that we hear today. We've been trying to be positive all weekend but still the stress is pretty high for my husband. I figured he'd feel better once it all went through on the house being officially sold and seeing the sold sign up but he tells me he won't be able to relax until he knows we have a house to go in to. I just hope it works out because he didn't want to bump the house inspector and it will be a total waste of money if it doesn't go through. You need to cancel 24 hours in advance.


So as there wasn't much other news today I thought I'd post a few photos of what we have been up to so far this Christmas season.

These are some cards I created with Clipart I purchased from Country Clipart.. same site as the one I have posted on my sidebar for my Christmas background. I actually sold a few in K's store so it was a success that way. Next year I just have to start earlier and source out the costs maybe a little cheaper. I think I finally learned about layering and how to send images to the back or front etc. Having a decent software program makes all the difference as I had to "build" each scene out of different clips etc. ON the bottom of each card I added a row of shimmering sparkle to hopefully represent snow.












A little Tree Decorating

A little cookie decorating


O was more interested in eating than decorating.



and what's Christmas without Rice Krispie treats


We've been asked if we're packing like crazy. I have to admit that the question itself is crazy. We are four days away from Christmas, do you really think I want to focus all my time and energy into packing when it can just as soon as wait until after Christmas? No, this week is about my children and I'm going to try my best to relax, no matter what the house outcome, and work hard on creating some good memories for this last Christmas in this house.

What are you doing with your children this week?

Zeemaid

In the Mommy Trenches

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for not focusing on packing right now! I am looking forward to making some holiday goodies with my daughter and just relaxing together. We'll probably listen to tons of Christmas music, read lots of Christmas books, and answer the questions "Where's Santa?" a thousand times more and love it! Merry Christmas to you and best wishes with your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to work in Christmas/gift crafts with the kids tomorrow. Should be fun and productive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are awesome! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    I'm running around to finish last minute crafts, last minute shopping, and wait- am I suppose to wrap too? Dang

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.