; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: House of Night Series - New book Tempted

Thursday, October 15, 2009

House of Night Series - New book Tempted

I am a complete sucker for teen fiction. I have read the entire Harry Potter series, am working my way through Inkheart, Golden Compass and Twilight series. Love the movies, love the books. So when I saw this new series coming out I couldn't help but want to post about it.

It is House of Night Series by mother daughter team of P.C. and Kristin Cast. There are five books: Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, Untamed and Hunted in all with the Sixth book Tempted being released October 27th.

The series is about a 16-year-old girl named Zoey Redbird, who gets "marked" by a vampyre tracker causing her to undergo the Change into a real vampyre. So of course they had me at "vampyre".


What's more it's said that this New York Times best selling mother-daughter writing team has become a major force in teen fiction. There over 3 million copies of their books in print, a film option has been well publicized along with a regularly updated interactive website. I have checked it out and can well see how it appeals to the teens. Apparently their fanbase is growing daily and they are now embarking on their first national book tour.

I was further intrigued when I watched the promotional clip on you tube. Either click the video below or the link here to check it out. House of Night clip



So I for one am looking forward to checking out this series. I love hearing of anything new like this. I just can't believe I hadn't heard of it before.

Can't wait? Listen to the first chapter of Tempted on audio: Chapter One

And of course, you can always become a fan on Facebook at the Official House of Night Page.

8 comments:

  1. Zeemaid - you are a woman after my own heart. I have been reading the twilight series with my 14 yr old daughter and am hooked - I have finished them now and am sad :(. So glad to hear there are more out there - she might like a peek too. I will check them out. Thanks for sharing

    - coming to you via SITS

    I'm a newbee commentor too x Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just became a follower.

    I kind of like young adult literature as well. It's not all I read by any means but I think it's nice to just chill with some light fiction at the end of the day. I recently read the City of Ember series and really enjoyed it. It is more of a pre-teen age group but the story was very engaging. (The movie was not so great so don't just the book by the movie.) You might want to check that out next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... I'm about to disclose something crazy. Don't judge me... please... I have NOT read ANY of the Harry Potter books.

    I know. I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew there was a reason I liked you so much. I really get into some teen lit out there. Of course, I tell people it's research. Who knows? Maybe I'll write some. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love kids' fiction. I read all the Harry Potter books and was utterly bereft after finishing the last one. And "Inkheart" was so good that I made my eight-year-old read the book before we went to the movie together. She read the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! When I got a hold of the Twilight series, I read them non-stop. Nothing got done around the house and I pretty much ignored my kids. And this series, this sounds just as good! I'm going to check them out, against my good judgement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. if you liked twilight and harry potter, you'll LOVE house of night! I discovered them last week, and i JUST(about 5 minutes ago) finished Hunted (book 5) I was actually looking around online to see if I could find the text online when I found your site. The story line is SO engaging! I even dream in House of Night lol

    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fifty percent entertaining. But then again I am very high right now

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.