; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Words of Wisdom - Peel an Onion

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Words of Wisdom - Peel an Onion

We've been on a crash course this weekend in an attempt to finally get our garage well and truly purged of stuff.  While I was very pleased with the pile of things we managed to donate, I am somewhat afraid of the pile of boxes my unusually motivated husband has managed to pile inside our home.  Because of course, we all know who is going to end up finding a home for the majority of the stuff.  Blah.

Anyways, as I was sorting through my box of photo albums (remember those before the days of digital photo frames?), I came across this one small album that was filled with "Words of Wisdom" from the ladies (both young and old) that attended my wedding shower.  Well, let's just say there was quite a bit in there to give me and K a few good chuckles. 

Of course, I immediately thought what excellent fodder for my blog.  So... almost twelve years later, I bring to you Words of Wisdom, To have a Happy and Successful Marriage 

If you had a busy day, and you are home before hubby, peel an onion and put it in the oven low heat, while you are making dinner.  He will think you have been busy making dinner and be content to wait for dinner.
Come back tomorrow for more Words of Wisdom

(It should perhaps be noted that all of these ladies are still happily married and the only one that did write a note but said she had not words of wisdome to share with me..... is divorced. Sad but true. 

6 comments:

  1. Too Funny! Never would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it. I can't wait to read more. It's so sad about the one lady that divorced. :(

    http://anationofmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it. I can't wait to read more. It's so sad about the one lady that divorced. :(

    http://anationofmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!! I must be a cynic, because I thought, "only one person got divorced?"

    I'm very happily married, but I never knwo what to say at weddings when given "that" book!! Great blog... I'm following!

    I'm at mrsbyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.