; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: There's no Place like Home

Thursday, August 13, 2009

There's no Place like Home

We are back from camping. I have to say I'm a bit sorry about that. If it wasn't for dirty clothes and hairy legs (I'm not kidding), I could probably have stayed another week. Once we got the sleep issues out of the way, we had fun. When it rained we did what any good family would do, we went to the mall. *L* Okay so the kids weren't thrilled with that. We did the next best thing, we bought french fries at McDonald's and let them play in the play park there. Shopping therapy for mommy, french fry therapy for the kiddies. *L* And us frugal parents know that we can get away with buying one little pack of french fries and that gets us play park entry for hours.

Okay so I wasn't that cheap, I did spring for coffees, fries and nuggets. It was our holiday after all. :)

Of course, the hot weather decided to leave as soon as we hit the campground. The second night we were there we were entertained with almost gale force winds. The weather finally improved the last two days but still swimming was out of the questions. I am one of those people that you only go swimming when it's warm out. I do not like getting into cold water, adjusting to said cold water only to get out of cold water to shake and shiver into a towel while trying to pull jeans up over damp chilled legs. So swimming was a bust. But the kids still got to play on the beach, find crabs, rescue fish and paint on seashells.

I'll probably get more into that later. I have had a ton of email to go through and I have lots of blog reading to catch up on. I am very happy to see my computer, hot running water, the microwave and the washing machine. Not to mention a comfy bed. *L*


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. Well, except the cold water. I love swimming but HATE swimming in cold water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cold water isn't my thing either, we also never buy everyone fries we always split.

    sounds like you all had a fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something about camping that pretty much guarantees the occurrence of strange weather... go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love camping! There is just something so nice about not having the option of TV or computer...as much as I rely on it during the day, it's almost a relief when it's not an option.
    I hope you settle back home quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a stay at home mom.I am not sorry. Its funny I remember all those camping trips. Thank you for stopping at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so brave to even go camping at all. I've never done it and I don't know if I could. I can't imagine what it will be like if the girls someday decide they want to go...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.