; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Breakfast Anyone?

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Breakfast Anyone?

A double post today.. but I had to share what happened this a.m. 

My kids, my angels, my adorable ones, my monsters decided to make us breakfast this a.m.  now I was not particularly receptive at this point as along with my nocturnal awakenings by O they woke us up after a mere 5 hours sleep with a screaming match in their bedroom.  These are the times I wish they didn't share a room. 

So what can a 5 year old, 3 year old and a soon to be 2 year old make?  Hmmm carrots in their cereal anyone?  I am serious.  They made us tupperware bowls of cereal which look to be brown and orange floaty things.  The orange things are as I have said, carrots. The brown floaty things? It does not resemble any cereal that we have in the cupboard.  Could they have used, and this is just a guess, bread crumbs?  

For their own delightful breakfast they had toast an jam.  The evidence of which is on the front of the dishwasher, the counter, the table, the backs of the chairs and on my mail, which is nowhere near where the bread, jam, toaster sink is.  Perhaps they needed something to read while they ate?  

My mode of grumpy mom who didn't get enough sleep gives me the escape of not having to put on a brave face and eat this stuff.  Yes, I am a mean mom.  I didn't appreciate their efforts whatsoever.   You want me to like your breakfast?  Let me sleep.  End of story. 

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by...

    For the record I too would have not eaten that and I probably would have yelled a wee bit at the little darlings! I am soooooo not a morning person!

    Great blog, I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot stop laughing! I think my brother and I pulled this kind of stuff on my mom all the time, Mystery Breakfast.

    I'm glad you didn't eat it. As soon as I saw the picture, I started to get uncomfortable... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah I think I should tell them to pour the cereal in the bowl first and wait for us to come to the table before adding the milk. I'm just lucky no one knocked it over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That reminds me of when my son, who was 4 at the time, made me "tea". ugh. I never knew tea was suppose to have raisins in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that's gross! i remember once doing this to my parents. we made an entire frying of scrambled eggs... shells and all, in the closet. :) After that my mom put a latch on my door.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That breakfast looks delish! :) My kids have yet to do that but I once found carmel sauce everywhere, carpet, walls, toilet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. on the upside, caramel sauce is better to find that poop. I'm just sayin. *L*

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL ... what a sweet yet nightmarish thing for them to do for you ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Speaking as a person who's sleep has also been stolen by little people for the last five years or so, I'd like to know how far you flung the plastic bowls when the kids weren't looking, and was it very hard to scrape all the soggy pieces of bread off the wall without them noticing? Bless 'em for the effort. You must have been smiling through gritted teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is classic. THere's only so much you can take before you just have to call a spade a spade...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I managed to refrain from tossing things around. Hubby did make me feel guilty later though as he said the thought it was very sweet of them and he HAD eaten their cereal just didn't eat the carrots. Good for you honey. *yuck*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never in a million years would have eaten it. I would have yelled about all of the sticky jam everywhere. My kids do this from time to time and I am also a mean mom!

    Becca

    Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's nice to know that I'm not the only mean mom. I've turned into a bit of a militant mother re mess what with trying to sell and all. *L*

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is no way I would have eaten that! Moments like these are when I am glad we have a dog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.