; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Let it Snow, let it snow, let it snow

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Let it Snow, let it snow, let it snow


"Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful...something, something, something... let it snow, let it snow."

Okay, I don't know all the words but you get my drift. That's our yard. It snowed yesterday but by evening it was gone. It started again this afternoon and now our yard looks like this. I LOVE the snow. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Everyone else... they HATE it. It's so beautiful. It's peaceful, it's serene, it's hours of entertainment for the kids. I just don't like to drive in it. I think I'm okay, it's just the other crazies you have to worry about. HAH! Seriously we get snow so rarely where I live that it just about causes people to go into a panic when the first flakes start to fall. Our employees call us up asking to close the store cause it's OMgoodness... SNOWING..... da da da daaaaa.... Yeah. We're lucky to get 5 inches.

So my beautiful darlings will have the thrill of a snow day tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it because it will be O's first experience playing in the snow. He missed out on the fun on Friday. I'm looking forward to getting him all bundled p into his snow suit and seeing him make snow angels. I just love all those firsts, seeing their little faces light up when they learn about something new.

Then we get to all come in and warm up with a nice cup of hot cocoa. E is already well trained. As soon as we come in from anything remotely cold activity, she asks for hot cocoa. I think her daddy's responsible for that. After all, he is the one that got her started on having to sit in front of the fire place after a bath to get warmed up and most recently he started warming up their towels in the dryer while they're having their bath. What a great dad, huh? What's a little pampering now and then. It's those little extra things that let them know we love them. Setting down routines and traditions are wonderful too. Some of my best childhood memories involve small little traditions like these so hopefully, we are paving the way for some fond memories for our children.

Downside is with the snow, if it keeps up I won't be able to get into the City to do Christmas shopping tomorrow. Always next week.

Cheers,


Zeemaid

In the Mommy Trenches

1 comment:

  1. SNOW! We had sleet the other day and my native Texas hubby actually saved five ice-balls. Poor thing. He is so snow-deprived. You should mail us some :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.