; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Stain Fighting with OxiClean

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Stain Fighting with OxiClean


I recently had a chance to try out OxicClean's new OxiClean® MaxForce® Spray.  It works by combining four types of stain fighters to help get out more of the toughest, dried-in stains the first time.  I like the idea of throwing everything you've got at a stain the first time around and with three kids it wasn't long  before I had a chance to test it out.  


My kids like to run and slide down our front lawn which, of course, gives them lovely grass stains on their pants.  I followed the instructions and used the spray to pre-treat the grass stains and let it set for 10 minutes.  After washing, I was pleased to see that the grass stains had completely disappeared from my son's pants.  It was definitely worth the time it took to pre-treat the stain.  It's a great addition to your laundry routine and doesn't cost a fortune at $4.99 a bottle. 





OxiClean has also developed a fragrance, chlorine and dye free OxiClean®Baby Stain Remover Spray to help remove those nasty baby food, juice diaper leaks and spit up stains.   As obviously my kids no longer qualify as "babies" I wasn't able to test it out on those specific stains but found it to be quite effective on spaghetti sauce stains.  Of course, I think the quicker you treat the stain the better chance you have of getting the stain out.   It also retails for $4.99. 


I love having OxiClean in my cupboard for those stain emergencies!


OxiCleans Pre-Tips for Success



1.       Remove as much of the excess stain as possible
2.       Spray directly onto the spot or stain until saturated
3.       Rub into fabric and let stand for five to ten minutes depending on the severity of the stain
4.       Wash with detergent in the warmest water the fabric will accept and try adding an in-wash OxiClean® MaxForce®  product (Power Crystals™ , Power Paks  or Liqui-Gel) to boost your detergent’s cleaning performance and for more  brightening and whitening power

As a precaution, consumers should always refer to the garment’s care label for handling instructions.

Do you have an OxiClean success story? 

Zeemaid










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.