; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Keeping the kids busy

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Keeping the kids busy

So what do you do with the kids when the countdown to Christmas is on and the kids are jittery and hyper from being too much inside and when you think you might just go crazy if you hear one more. “MOOOOMMMMMYYYY (insert name) is hitting/touching/bugging/looking at me”?

Why,you keep them busy.

First you ….

String Popcorn

DSC03743 DSC03744

Bake Sugar Cookies for Santa

copyDSC03751DSC03746

Make a  Gingerbread House

IMG00198

and then you clean, clean, clean and then clean some more.

I have to say it has worked well for me this week and more than once I’ve been thankful that we didn’t get to these projects earlier.  As soon as the rowdiness or fighting starts up, I whipped out another activity.  Of course, it’s the 24th and now I am all out of fun stuff to do (worn out is more like it) but we’re heading off to my parents today so I’ll leave it up to their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins to entertain them. 

What Christmas projects has your family been working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.