; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Can we say.. Hold the Water, Please!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Can we say.. Hold the Water, Please!

I know, I know my actual posts have been few and far between.  I think I've mentioned on here before that I'm having trouble adjusting the work schedule with my home routine (which includes blogging) and then throw in extra dance classes for the past two weeks in preparation for this week's big recital and well....

In fact, as I am typing this I realize that I haven't even shared my most recent O story.  This is one to go down in the books.

One night I was juggling assisting E with her home reading and watching J do Star fall on the computer.  Hubby was working and so O was left to his own devices.  He's 4 now so you'd think he'd be able to play without supervision. 

Apparently not.

The only thing I can think set him off is that he wanted to go on the computer but his sister was already on it and I told him he'd have to wait.  He didn't make a big fuss or anything, just went off into the living room.  Twenty minutes later, E and I are almost done, J is off the computer and O comes back and goes on the computer.  It's not until bedtime is approaching and I've shooed the kids off upstairs to get ready when J tells me that the floor is wet in the living room.  ?!?!  Okay, I said, clean it up please.  All the time wondering what was up with that.

Then I went to go up stairs.  Every step was a puddle of water.  We're not talking drips, or small amounts of water from a spilled cup.  We are talking a cupful of water at least... per... stair. 

The culprit, O. 
Clipart thanks to Mark du toit  http://www.marktoon.co.uk/about.htm

I literally had to walk up the stairs crab legged so as not to step in it.  Of course, I was so furious at what he had done that he was sent straight to bed with no books.  I get the girls settled in for the night and then proceed to take towels to the stairs to try and mop up some of the water.  Pain in the ass but at least it was just water. 

When I was all done, I grab my cup of tea and am about to sit on the couch when I notice the wet spots.  The little bugger poured water on each of the three sofa cushions.  So I couldn't even sit on the couch.

Like I said I have no idea what set him off or why he did this because I had no notion that he was even upset with us and like I said, as soon as J got off the computer he came and went on it himself. 

Yep.  You just have no idea what they will get into their heads to do. 

Ohhhhhh and that's not the end of it.  All three of them got into big time trouble just this week with their shenanigans.  Post and pictures will follow.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! But I'm LOLing! Kids do this stuff! I blogged about a weekend from h*** that culminated with my son sticking a pair of scissors into the TV and zapping it to death. (He got lucky that he was grounded via rubber handles, otherwise he'd have been zapped too.) I'd take water any day.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog for SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would be too angry to even commence butt-whooping. I have a feeling my boy is going to be like that. He's not even two yet and sometimes he gets this look in his eyes like: try me, woman!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.