; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Remiss

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Remiss

I have been a little remiss in my posting lately.  Mainly it's because I've been reading.  I have since finished the Inkheart series and yes it did end rather bitter sweetly as I had suspected.  We went away on the weekend to a resort on a little island not far from home to help celebrate a good friend's 40th.  While browsing at a local bookstore on the way back on Sunday, I discovered a reprint of Stephen King's novel, The Stand. 

I've always loved this book as well as the film that they made from it.  The film stays pretty close to the novel and the changes they made are pretty obvious as to why they made them.  Despite the fact that I have read this book at least 3 times, if not more, I completely got sucked into this story and could barely put it down.  As long as the kids were playing quietly together, I was reading.  I'd look around my house and would justify myself that I'd get the dishes down when I made lunch or after we picked E up from dance or a 100 different little excuses and ended up doing barely nothing but read for the past three days.  I finally finished it yesterday and last night I popped in the movie because, of course, I own it. 

Unfortunately I didn't get to watch much of it because my husband came home and was disappointed that I started watching it without out him.  So good wifey that I was restarted the movie from the beginning.  It's at least 4 hours long.  Of course, as soon as we start watching it, he gets up starts making himself a snack etc and I'm continually having to pause it.  It really ticked me off when he picked up the newspaper and I think he must have realized it because he sat it down saying there's nothing of interest in it.  After all, we could have continued on from where I was but I thought he really wanted to watch it.

So we ended up calling it quits before we even got as far as I had been in the film originally. 

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.