; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: The Sick Room

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Sick Room

Well two out of three are down.  Down with very high fevers. We were woken up at 1:30 a.m. to screams and shouts by my oldest.  Turns out she was running a very high fever and dreaming that we, her parents, were made by pirates to walk the plank.  Thank you so much School library that doesn't monitor what books my child takes out.  She came home enthralled with the picture of a severed pirate's head dangling from the bow of a boat.  She's only 6 people.  But I digress... I have to admit I couldn't help putting in my two bits to her about how that's why we don't read such books, while administering advil and a cool cloth and a whole lot of mommy sympathy. 

We had only just finally gotten ourselves back to bed, after finally having had to banish the kitten to the laundry room since it decided since we were all up that it needed to play, when we woke to more crying.  This time #2, was weeping piteously in her bed.  Her  head hurts.  Oh dear.  So after much running up and down later, we finally get #2 settled and head back to bed.  

Is it any wonder I hit snooze five times? 

So it's a day on the couch with the two girls.  O's a little put out because his sisters get the prime couch real estate but I'm trying to make him a bit of a helper to console him.  Just how many times can you convince a soon to be 3 year old that he really doesn't need medicine too?

I don't mind quiet days.  In fact I seem to get more accomplished because they are just so much more bidable and less disposed to fighting.  But we had to cancel dinner with friends and that was disappointing.  Still it will always keep till next week. 

So hopefully things will be back to normal in our household soon. 


5 comments:

  1. My three year old has medicine envy too. Not sure what that's all about...

    Hope everyone feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry everyone is sick. This nasty bug is making it's way around quickly. My son and I were down last week, and this week it's my sis and my niece. I also have a friend who has a sick baby today.

    My son loves the medicine too. As he was crying last week, nothing was making him happy...not even chocolate milk. Then I thought he needed some medicine. I went to give it to him he stopped crying, took it then wanted more. I don't remember being that enthusiastic about medicine when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope your kiddos feel better!! interrupted sleep is so not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope they feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And here I thought it was just Sean that wanted medicine when his big brother got some. I can't wait until Evan and Sean can tell me what tbey're dreaming about so I can soothe them. Instead I have to do my best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.