; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Rise in Gas Prices

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Rise in Gas Prices

I received an email today asking me to stop gassing up at two of the top gas stations here in Canada. The idea is rather than to stop buying gas, which everyone knows won't work because we all are heavily reliant upon our vehicles, we just don't buy gas at the top two gas stations instead. This way we give all our business to the littler guy and some how force the big guns to lower gas prices.

Can it work? Will anyone even try?

I don't know. I mean I'm not a strong believe in conspiracy theories. I'd rather not believe my government is really underhanded and sneaky and if even half of those movies like Rendition are true, them I am really worried for our world. But like most Canadians, I'd rather duck my head and hope that it's not true.

Having said that; however, I do believe that rising gas prices being a necessity is a crock. I don't believe for a minute that it's necessary. I think our governments are running out of money and need the taxes too much. Why do you think tobbacco products are so expensive? Because of the taxes the government lays on them. It's the same way property taxes jumped up in my city. My house went up $100,000. Why? Not because land is so scarce, they are putting in building lot after building lot. No, it's because they need money to pay for the rise in water, sewer, traffic etc. costs. Just like they need to continue funding the war and peace keeping efforts. The War in Iraq may be over but I'm sure they are not done paying for it.

So that being said, I don't actually believe there is any way that we are going to be able to force gas prices down. It makes me wish that I had invested my money in a hybrid though.

Ever heard of the documentary "who killed the electric car". Check it out. Very informative and well worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.