; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: It's Was a Long Day

Monday, April 7, 2008

It's Was a Long Day

It was a long day today. I had one of my headaches which is made more difficult by having to look after three children. I feel really bad when I tell my daughter that I can't play with her because my head hurts. Bless her heart though, she made me go lie down and covered me up with her blankies, brought me a glass of water and gave me a kiss, while telling me that if the baby woke up she'd come and get me. She's only 4 years old but she's got that mothering instinct already. I didn't get to sleep, my head hurt too much for that, but it did feel nice to be pampered even by a tiny mite like that.

So we are off to the big city tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. It gives us a day away from the children, a welcome break in the routine. I have to say I am not one of those moms that miss their children a half hour after leaving them. I'm actually glad to get out of the house and away from them for a while. I'd like to think it makes me a better parent.

The only thing that I do worry about when we're gone, is how long is it okay with the babysitters to leave them. You see, usually one of our parents will babysit and you don't want to step on any ones toes and stay out too long. That's only real problem with free sitters. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't just ditch my kids all day any day of the week, I'm talking the once a month, we gotta run every possible errand we need to do in one day kind of shopping trip. I feel bad leaving the kids with the parents for so long but only on the parent's perspective. The kids, they love their grandparents and are more than happy to get some Nana and Papa time. AFterall, who spoils them more? Not me.

So, as I was saying we're off to the big City tomorrow to do some homeopathic testing. I went two months ago and have been on a restricted diet ever since. I had tons of food sensitivies so I have been limited from eating wheat, gluten, dairy, sugar and many other yummy tasting foods. Boy I sound pretty boring don't I. Well, it's been a struggle. I have done most of it except I have been unable to give up the chocolate bar habit. I am surrounded by chocolate at work and I struggled for three weeks before I finally gave in. Now that one slip has seemed to have doomed me. I can't seem to get that self control back. Otherwise, I have been sticking to the restricted diet pretty well. I've suffered through rice bread, spelt bread and now Kamut bread. It has expanded my horizons somewhat. I now drink Almond milk and eat rice pasta. Something I never would have thought to do before. Somethings are really good, like the rice pasta and somethings not so much, like spelt bread. I've found I can only truly tolerate it very well toasted or to put something really tasty in it. It's not that it tastes awful necessarily. It's just that it's a dense type of bread and doesn't really taste fully cooked.

Anyways, I'm going back tomorrow and hopefully I will be able to eat a wider variety of food and I hope to find that my blood has improved as well. When last I went it was pretty globby and unhealthy looking. I had had my gallbladder removed when I was 18 and I wouldn't be surprised if that contributed to a lot of my health issues.

One good side effect from this diet, is that it is almost completely eliminated my headaches. Yesterday and today were really the first headaches I've head in over a month. I used to get them almost daily. So it's a big improvement. It's especially important for me to pay attention to my health right now for my children's sake. It's no fun for them when mommy is constantly tired or sick. It's one of the primary reasons why we decided to pursue alternative medicine.

Well, I'm off to bed. I've got an early start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.