; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: My Top Seven New Years Resolutions for 2018

Thursday, January 4, 2018

My Top Seven New Years Resolutions for 2018

My Top Seven New Years Resolutions for 2018

I generally don't like to make New Year's resolutions.  After all, it seems like the most sure way to fail is to make a resolution about it.  I generally have "good intentions" but I don't think I've ever stuck to those good intentions.  Yup, that's the pessimist in me but this year feels a little different. 

It could be because for the first time, we are not facing crushing debt. Oh, we still have debt but with my husband's new job really taking off there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

It could be because for the first time in a really long time - I've gotten serious about improving my health and have already made a great start and I don't plan to stop.  I started at the hardest time of the year and I've crushed it.  Not a single gram of sugar has been consumed the entire holiday season. 


It could be that just these two things have helped put me in a more positive outlook for 2018.  It seems that small successes in any one thing can really make a difference in how you view possibilities. 

The impossible suddenly seems a little more possible. 

My Top Seven New Years Resolutions for 2018 are: 

1.  To become more organized in my home.  Particularly my office.  It's a drag to work someplace that's a chaotic mess. 

2.  Get my workshop/studio cleaned out so I can set up my pottery wheel and kiln and actually throw some clay in there.  A side resolution to this is to stand up for my vision of the space.

3.  Don't kill my children... I mean succeed at keeping my cool more - especially with my autistic teenager. 

4. Be more present in each day with my family (i.e. - less phone distractions) but find a way to do this without losing my mind. 

5.  Be more productive - set productive business hours and grow my business.  

6.  Step out of my comfort zone. 

7.  Exercise more - improve health. 

It's not a long list and I'm sure I'll add or take things away as the mood strikes me but it's good to set something down on paper.  Something to look at and remind myself of when I'm wasting time. 

How about you?  Do you make resolutions?  If so, how successful are you at keeping them? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.