; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: 2018 is My Year to tackle My Health Prepare to Be Amazed

Saturday, January 6, 2018

2018 is My Year to tackle My Health Prepare to Be Amazed

2018 is My Year to tackle My Health: Prepare to Be Amazed

There's a lot of talk around this time of year about setting goals and what we can do to achieve them. I, myself, got rather an early start on my 2018 goals by starting a new health program on December 1, 2017.  I am determined that I am going to succeed this year and amaze myself like never before. 

There have been times when I questioned my sanity of starting a no sugar, low carb eating plan just 3 weeks before Christmas.  I was gifted with no less than 3 boxes of chocolates (one was ginormous) and an entire box of Italian cookies. Yi!  

Truthfully, there is no perfect time to change your eating habits.  If it's not Christmas, then it's Valentines or Easter or Halloween.  Sometimes you just have to dig deep and say "I'm going to do this now.  I need to change." 

That's what I did.  

How did I survive the gorging season?  Easily, because the results helped keep me going.  When I want to take a bite of that Nanaimo bar sitting in the back of my fridge, I remind myself of what I've accomplished. 

I am a Type II diabetic on two kinds of diabetes medication, high blood pressure meds and high cholesterol.  I've been struggling with diabetes for over 7 years.  My high blood pressure rose when I was in labor with my son and never went normal again.  Ten years ago!

Yet, in just 5 short weeks I've managed to bring my blood pressure under control, my blood sugar is amazing and I've lost 21 pounds.  My medication has been reduced drastically and I expect to be off all of it within the next two weeks.  

So that, my friends, is worth not having that Nanaimo bar or box of cookies.  It's worth not eating bread or using butter.  For the first time in 14 years, I weigh less than when I first started having children. 

My clothes are looser and my overall outlook is more positive because for the first time I am actually succeeding.  It's amazing how just being successful at this one thing in my life has helped me be more positive.  Hence the 2018 Resolutions post I wrote a couple of days ago. 

Why am I successful now when I've failed so many times in the past.  I don't know.  Maybe the timing was just right.  Maybe my doctor scared me with talk of increasing my medication.  I don't know. 

Whatever the reason, 2018 is my year to tackle my health goals.   The year to be a newer, better me. 

How about you?  Is 2018 your year? 


Zeemaid







1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! And I am sorry that I am the one that left those Nanaimo bars in your fridge! Hopefully the kids have finished them by now. ☺
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.