; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Do You Do this?

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Do You Do this?

I'm sick thanks in large part to the summer cold my son has and his poor hygiene skills.  Let's face it, I can only nag him so much to wash his hands and when he has this disgusting habit of sticking his fingers up to his nose and then dragging them down his face to his mouth..gak... I'm doomed.

So now I'm sick.  What started with a tickle has grown into fullblown sinus/cough/chest whatchamacallit the I need Nyquil to sleep cold.  So while hubs heads off to work, I've been trying to figure out how to entertain three kids and still flop on the couch as it seems only sitting still for a while relieves the need to hack.

All I can think about is lying down and taking a nap.  Do I round up the kids, lock the doors, put the t.v. on and head for the couch?  No.  I clean the house.  Seriously.  Day 1 of being sick finds me sweeping, spot mopping, doing the laundry, emptying the dishwasher and de-cluttering.  I literally had sweat pouring down my face.  Why? Because I won't feel so guilty sitting on my arse if my house is somewhat clean.  After all, it should look like I've made some attempt to keep tidy when hubs comes home.  Because you know, it doesn't matter how crappy you feel, you always get the feeling that they never quite get it and that you're just being a whiner.  Unlike a man cold, which is serious people.

Have you seen this commercial?




It's funny because it's true.  Hubs doesn't get it though ;)

Anyways,  how about you.  Do you feel guilty not doing your regular routine when you're sick or do you say to heck with it and take some down time guilt free?

Zeemaid

3 comments:

  1. Man-cold...that's such a great name for it. Men are such babies when they're sick. And my MIL gets so mad at me that I don't baby Tim when he's sick. He's a grown man...why can't he take care of himself? He certainly doesn't take care of me when I'm sick.

    I do sometimes feel guilty if I don't keep up with the housework when I'm not feeling well but there are times, like when I have a migraine, I just can't function. The kids actually like it because it means they have free range over the fridge and pantry and they know I'm not gonna kill them if they gorge themselves on chips and cereal for dinner.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not guilty, but fearful of what more I'll have to do once I'm recovered! LOL! I try to keep as tight a ship as possible, but when I miss one day, it's like the house blew up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same was as you do. It's much easier to rest when it's tidy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.