; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Fighting Tough Stains

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fighting Tough Stains

If you are anything like me, you loathe laundry.  Not only do you hate the lugging it up and down the stairs, the folding, the sorting, the putting it away but you hate stain hunting.  Still it's a job that's gotta be done or you'll be surprised by a nasty stain the next time you or your kids go to wear something.

Here are some stain fighting tips:

1.  Take care of the stains as soon as possible.  Fresh stains are always easier to get out than old ones.

2.  NEVER rub a fresh stain with bar soap.  It sets the stain.
 (I did not know this, did you?)

3.  Check before washing.  Try and get your kids to let you know when they have something stained.

4.  Pre-treat the stain.  It really helps if you can whip that shirt off as soon as the stain happens or at least catch it before it goes into the wash machine.  Once it gets into the dryer that stain can get baked on and it will be almost impossible to get rid of.

5.  Check your water temperature:  Hot water can set protein stains like milk, egg or blood.  They say cold water is best but I have found warm water to work really well for me.

6.  Check the stains before drying. Sometimes it's hard to tell if the stain has come out or not when the clothes are wet but it's good to check.  If you can still see the stain don't put it in the dryer. Pre-treat and try again.

7.  Launder heavily soiled items separately.  It seems like a no brainer but if my kids have been playing out in the mud, I do a separate load for just those clothes.  If you don't use enough detergent or water the dirt and soil can redeposit onto cleaner clothing, so why take that risk.

One of the best cleaners that I've found for pre-treating stains is OxiClean.  Which is why when I was asked to be part of the Oxi Clean Stain Busting Advisory Panel I said "Hell, yeah!"  Actually, I just said yes cause I'm not a dork at all ;)


My WOW moment with OxiClean was when I had accidentally spilled hair dye onto a white shirt. I was too lazy to change and figured the towel would protect it.  I was so wrong.  Anyways,  I thought that was it for the shirt and my husband was going to kill me because it was brand new.  I decided to try OxiClean anyways and was thrilled as I watched the dye literally vanish before my eyes. It was so cool. 


Since then I use OxiClean on everything and anything and have never once had a damage what I used it on. Because I do forget to pre-treat my kids clothes a lot (who has the time) I like to add an extra scoop of OxiClean to my wash and I find that it really helps get the clothes that extra bit cleaner.  


New & Improved:  Canada's #1 Trusted Stain Fight is now even better.  The maker of OxiClean launched a New & Improved Versatile Stain Remover with a better package and 40% oxygen power per school than the previous formula.  


Benefits:

  • OxiClean Versatile Powder Stain Remover contains a unique combination of stain fighters that break down tough stains including grass stains, grease and dirt
  • Coloursafe and 100% chlorine free
  • Tackles over 101 stains on multiple surfaces like carpet, upholstery, grout, kitchen and bath surfaces. 
  • Works outdoors on gutters, unfinished decks and patio furniture. 
For more information on fighting stains and other OxiClean products check out their website at www.oxiclean.ca

Zeemaid

*Disclosure, I received a tub of OxiClean in order to participate in this panel. However, the opinions stated in herein as always are my own and reflect my real experience with the product(s) mentioned.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.