; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: 10 Reasons Why I Suck at Being a SAHM

Thursday, May 31, 2012

10 Reasons Why I Suck at Being a SAHM



  1. My kids don’t take a bath every night.  I know it settles them down and makes a great bedtime routine yada yada yada but by the time supper is over, homework is done, we’re on to pajamas, brushing teeth and reading books.  I can’t imagine trying to squish in three baths on top of that. Not to mention the mess left behind.   I’m lucky if we do it once a week. 
  1. I recycle 95% of their artwork and 99.9% of their schoolwork usually on the same day they bring it home.  I ooh and awe over it and then it just sits on my counter.  Out of sight out of mind.  I used to keep it.  Now I have a bin full.  My fridge is still covered but I rotate and recycle regularly. 
  1. I was sitting on the toilet and realized I needed to vacuum my bedroom because of the black hair that was matting the carpet in the doorway.  I had to clean my room first from confiscated toys, outgrown clothes and toilet paper.  (In my defence we have two cats) 
  1. Those giant bags of toilet paper you buy at Cost-co?  They sit on the floor of my room until we use them all up.  They have no real home. 
  1. I’ve been going through my room for two days to figure out where that smell is coming from.  I’m still not sure. 
  1. I make my kids lunch first, put on a show and then make my own lunch and open up a book or log onto the computer. 
  1. I pretty much would rather read than clean and have to tear myself away just to get the basics done.  Same goes for playing cars, barbies or listening to “concerts”. 
  1. I buy my husband dark underwear so I don’t have to see his track marks when I do laundry and when my 6 year old had an accident,  I just tossed her panties.  Enough said. 
  1. If I lived in a place that was sunnier, I’d pretty much make my kids eat outside 365 days a year.  Right now, I’m restricted to our short summer.  It’s not so annoying when you find dried up bread crusts under the porch instead of the couch.  Plus we’re helping the wildlife. It’s a win-win. 
  1. I yell at my kids. I’m not proud of it and I’m trying to do better but there it is.  The one reason why I dread the summer and open windows.  
What's on your list? 

Zeemaid

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I could relate to a lot of your list. Esp. 1, 2 and 6. Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing post. But in your defense, I only know one SAHM who is on top of her cleaning, but she has one kid who's in school and doesn't volunteer somewhere. The rest of us hate it and are too busy for it. And I wish I could throw out more artwork. I do more now that I take a picture of it. I also don't bathe the boys every night. Who has the time?

    Why I kinda suck at it? I must have DVD/video time every day during the afternoon so I can nap and be by myself for a couple hours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.