; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Question & Answers

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Question & Answers




Mama’s Losin’ It


I’ve been meaning to take part in one of Mama Kat’s Writing Workshops and while I’ve been scouring the writing prompts weekly, have yet to dive in.  This week; however, one of her prompts was so easy that even my 8 year old could breeze through it.


The challenge, should I choose to accept, is

Ask your child where babies come from and share their answers.

Oh boy. This could be a good one.  Or so I thought.  Their answers were surprisingly boring.  I guess that’s what I get for being too practical.  Although it did spark quite a few giggles.

So here it goes... Kids, where do babies come from?

O: (age 4)  "Tummys.  People have eggs in their body and there is babies in the eggs."

J: (age 6) "Mommy’s tummy from an egg.  J+J=J"  (uh okay, short attention span?)

E (age 8) "A mother’s stomache.  God creates a little child in the mother’s tummy and it grows and grows and grows and grows until it gets big and then becomes a full grown child and then it comes out as a baby.  Is that right?"

Then I lost my interviewees because dessert ran out.  Except for my 8 year old who seemed disappointed that I only wanted to ask one question.  So in the spirit of Saint Patrick’s Day coming up I figured I’d ask her a few more questions.

What are Leprechauns?


“Oh it’s related to the cat family and has spots. It’s yellow with black spots and runs real fast and catches its prey with its teeth.”

Okay then maybe I should have started with:


What is Saint Patrick’s Day?

“A day where you dress in green and you celebrate with four leaf clovers and it’s not really a holiday” Somehow I think the Irish would argue with you.

What would you do with a pot of gold?

“Really want to kn0w?  The truth?  I would save it and save it and save it and then I’d buy a cage and stuff and then a hamster.”

What do you do if you find a four leaf clover?

“I would have lots of good luck and maybe if I have enough good luck I would buy a hamster.” Gee I wonder who has hamsters on the brain.


And there you have it.  The answers to life's most pressing questions.

Zeemaid

7 comments:

  1. What a FUN post! I just love kids' view of life. So cute that your daughter wanted more questions! :-)

    Thanks for the smile tonight!

    Here from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL this was hilarious!!! I thought that prompt was funny but there was NO WAY I was going there with a 15 year old girl and a 12 year old boy. But your kids did a good job and reminded me of my hamster, Tia, may she rest in peace. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your 8 year old's answers! So sweet. I love how they want to share their knowledge at this age too. so happy we've found each other through SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those answers are great, esp the 8 year old's answers!

    Her description of a leprachaun was hysterical. Very detailed. She'd get along fabulously with my daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is funny, you would think they'd have more colorful answers. My son said that babies are in mommy's tummy and then you go to the hospital store to pick them up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have a good handle on babies for their ages.
    And leprechauns come from the cat family. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.