; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Turning the Lights On

Monday, September 26, 2011

Turning the Lights On

Here we are, entering the last week of September and already summer feels like it’s long gone.  The heat actually clicked on this a.m. (we have it set super low) and I’ve been trying to get by without turning the lights on at 10:00 a.m. I hate having to use electricity during the day. 

But when you’ve opened all the blinds and as you sit and stare at a bright monitor it feels more like the twilight hour than morning, you realize the time has come. So the lights go on.

Sigh.

Add to the dimness is the rain. It’s not a light rain either.  It’s a hard, window splattering, driving sort of rain combined with a tree shaking blustery day.

Yuck.

I have no rain coat.  I’ve already had to take O to preschool and do a quick grocery shop.   Our garage is full of garbage so I have to park outside.

If we had a fireplace, this is the sort of day that would make me light it. 

The sort of day, I wish I could get in my jammies and just laze around snuggling the kitty, nurse a cup of tea and read a fat book.

Nope.

No lounging, no lazing about for me. I have to head back out and pick O up.  I’m debating whether or not I should take a 4 year old boy with me to look for rain coats. 

I think I might just wait for the next non-rainy day.

I’m hoping that it’s going to be soon but I’m not holding my breath.

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.