; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Devious, Ingenious or Just Really lazy?

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Devious, Ingenious or Just Really lazy?

I have a love/hate relationship with my dishwasher.  I love to fill it and run it, I hate emptying it and putting the dishes away (especially the silverware).

I have gripped for the last two years at my husband for loading up and turning on the dishwasher in the evening and leaving me with a full dishwasher first thing in the morning.  Especially if I could spy empty spots.  All I wanted was just a wee bit room for a couple of bowls and plates so I didn't have to start my morning emptying the darn thing.  He, of course, thought I was being typically female and ignored my repeated requests not to run the machine unless it was absolutely jam packed full. Now that I don't work evenings anymore and hence I'm loading the dishwasher more often than not after dinner, that particular problem has simply gone away.

Only now it seems that as I wait for the dishwasher to reach maximum capacity, I find it doesn't get turned on until after lunch with the result of having a full dishwasher that needs to be emptied right before supper. Can you see where I am going with this?  Hubby has, on occasion, opened the dishwasher after supper and groaned.  Paybacks a b***, right?  Not that it's happening because of that but still. 

So rather than be greeted with my hubby's groans and silent criticism I either try to unload the dishwasher while I'm waiting for dinner to cook or... and this is the devious part (finally) I take just enough dirty dishes out of the dishwasher and wash them by hand. 

So am I being devious, ingenious or just really lazy? 

What's your pet peeve household chore?

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I love loading but hate unloading so I tell my husband it is his job and my boys love to help him so we all win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate unloading the dishwasher too. But I hate handwashing even more so I just suck it up and unload it in the morning.

    My most hated household chore is probably dusting which is why I pretty much never ever dust.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.