; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Saying Thanks with Style

Friday, October 25, 2013

Saying Thanks with Style

I have to admit when it comes to sending out "Thank You" notes, I'm a bit of a slacker.  If it weren't for my mother nagging gently reminding me, my wedding gift thank you's would never have been sent.  In fact, my youngest child is 6 1/2 and I have yet to send out thank you's for my shower gifts. As it was all family, I pretty much figured I had thanked them in person and gushed over their gift enough that I didn't need to send out extra thanks.  Plus I had my hands full with three small children. 

There are times; however, when a Thank You note is expected and even when it's not expected, that extra little step really shows your appreciation.  Of course, to avoid procrastination, it's always handy to have a few blank cards on hand. 

I recently received a sample of Hallmark Canada's new stationary line "That Sky Blue".  Made in Montreal, Quebec, these lovely letter pressed note cards are elegant and modern (made out of 100% recyclable materials) and evoke a beautiful vintage look and feel.  They retail at about $9.00 for a pack of 10.   There are many styles and designs available.  



When is it appropriate to send a "Thank You" note? 
  • When you receive a gift.
  • When you’ve been a houseguest in someone’s home.
  • When someone has done a special or particular favor for you.
  • After attending a job interview (this depends on the job industry you're applying in).
  • After receiving a promotion or payrise. 
  • After a business lunch, dinner or party.
How about you?  Do you send out Thank You cards?

Zeemaid
In the Mommy Trenches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.