; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Walking on Air – A Skechers Review

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Walking on Air – A Skechers Review



I think you may have heard me mention once or twice how much I love Skechers shoes.  Way back when I was carrying babies (on the inside that is) I started with foot problems and a good friend recommended me to try Skechers because they had helped her feet.  So I bought my first pair of Skecher slip on running shoes and to my amazement my feet were practically cured over night.


Obviously like all good things we don’t always stick with it for whatever reason. Perhaps I was lulled by my non sore feet into thinking I could wear any old piece of cardboard that passes for footwear.  Fast forward three babies later and I now have flat feet and some weird sort of metatarsal problem which makes running around barefoot (my favourite footwear) impossible.  I have learned that not all Skecher shoes provide the same comfort and support that my original runners did so it is important for me to try them out first.  After all, no matter what the line shoes are created for different purposes.


I have been wearing my current Skechers for the past two years.  They are just now beginning to lose their support and my feet are beginning to hurt again so I was excited when I was given the opportunity to try out Skechers new “GOwalk” line.  There are several colours to choose from and I chose Aqua.

This is what Skechers has to say about their shoes.
SKECHERS GOwalk elevates the natural walking experience, allowing you to interact with and respond to practically any surface, while offering the additional benefit of real world protection.
Details:




  • Innovative placement allows the GOimpulse sensors to move together and independently as they provide sensory feedback to the brain
  • Dynamic interaction promotes a natural stride for a more efficient and responsive walk
  • Radically lightweight - No extra material, no extra weight, nothing to slow you down
  • 360 Degree Responsive Flexibility - SKECHERS GOwalk flexes and twists allowing your foot to move naturally
  • Sockless Walking - Integrated OrthoLite™ anti-microbial sockliner helps inhibit odor and prevent slippage
  • Roomier Forefoot - Extra space to reduce friction and allow your toes to spread, grip and push off
  • Resalyte™ Midsole - Proprietary lightweight midsole compound provides just the right impact absorption
    Construction:
  • Nearly weightless synthetic and fabric upper
  • Nearly seamless flexible upper with slip on front
  • Stretch center top panel for easy slip on fit
  • Pull on heel loop design
  • Soft smooth fabric shoe lining for easy barefoot wear
  • Weight: Radically lightweight 3.5 oz per shoe based on a women's size 6.5
  • I have to admit I have no idea what the dealio is with sensors that send sensory feedback to the brain and what that all means.  What I do know is that when I first put these shoes on it felt like I had just stepped onto soft pillows.  These shoes work.  They are so comfortable and truly do feel like barefoot walking.  All the support I need is provided without orthotics.  In fact, I have dubbed these as my new inside shoes and am planning on buying another pair for outside. The more I wear these in the house the more I wish I had them to wear outside. To top it off they are super cute, not clunky at all and look like those cute shoes your friends without the foot problems wear.  These shoes retail at $59.00 and so is pretty affordable at that price. 


    Check out these fantastic shoes and see more colours at Skechers.com


    Have you tried Skechers before and what did you think?  Or, how about sharing a tip you use to help your sore feet.

    Zeemaid


    *disclosure - I received a pair of Skechers shoes in order to conduct my review and was not compensated in any other form.  As always my opinions are my own and reflect my true experience with the product*

    1 comment:

    1. looks good! How great to find a shoe that is both comfortable and good for your feet.

      I need to replace my KEENs. I have worn out this pair. I wear them almost daily.

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.