; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Monday Ravings

Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Ravings

I uh was going to post something a little more put together today when I realized that I was in no shape to write anything.   Aunt Flo is visiting and while she doesn’t normally get me down, every now and then she’s a real bummer.

Why is it that when anything fun is planned you get a visit from “Aunt Flo”? 

I’ll be glad when I can actually explain to my girls why mommy is so moody and crying over every little thing… oh wait by that time I will have to deal with their moodiness and crying.  Crap.  I had to have two girls.  My mother better feel sorry for me.

Could someone else tell me why it had to rain this particular weekend?  You know the weekend family was coming over and I was really  counting on the kids spending their time in the pool.

Instead, I got to deal with two four year olds who thought it was fun to huck toys at O’s bedroom walls and three girls who think it’s funny watching O skydive off the top of his dresser onto his bed.

Oh and they sat on one of the dresser drawers so it’s bent out of shape.

…and O decided to pick at the vinyl on the dining room chair  while they were watching a show  meant to settle them all down. I’m talking about chairs that I had spent hours recovering.

Today their cousins are coming back for more “fun”.  

Tonight just might be the night for this new wine I bought myself. Only I have to work and it’s raining and there’s nothing like a rainy summer day in a video store.

MadHousewife2madhousewife

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’m not normally a wine drinker but when I saw this I just had to buy it.  My husband laughed at me and said obviously their marketing works.  I had to laugh and agree.

The back label says:

Cabernet Sauvignon

Somewhere near the cool shadows of the laundry room.  Past the litter box and between the plastic yard  toys.  This is your time. Time to enjoy a moment to yourself.  A moment without the madness.  The dishes can wait. Dinner be damned.

Apparently there is a whole line of these wines.  I’ll let you know when I finally crack it open.

In the meantime, I’d like to crawl back into bed and have myself a little snooze. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like real fun. I think you need to go for some harder stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.