; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Oliver's Labels - A Review

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Oliver's Labels - A Review

Remember that talk about my kid's losing their lunch stuff? Well the same goes for their jackets.  By the end of September, I think I had made five trips to the lost and found bin at their school looking for jackets left on the playground.  Easy enough to do except when your kid owns the the jacket that was on sale at Wal-Mart and 25% of the school is wearing the same one.  So when I had an opportunity to review name labels for kids by Oliver's Labels, I jumped at the chance.

Fantasy

Sports Theme

Dinosaurs

Oliver's Labels provides durable name labels for kids.  Not just for clothing though, they run the gamut from mini-labels for things like pencils and sunglasses, to shoe labels, bag tags, safety wristbands and more.  The labels come in a variety of colours and design themes to choose from.  They even have allergy alert labels and Found-It Tracking System which provides a free-online lost-and-found.  If someone finds your item, they can go online at Oliver's Labels and enter in your unique code.  From there Oliver's Labels intermediates between you and the finder so that you never have to share your personal information.

Transportation
For my son, I chose the Transportation theme as he's into cars and trucks right now.  The labels all come on an easy-to-peel  sheet with instructions for their recommended use.  I certainly discovered that while the labels feel flimsy and light, they certainly were strong.  The clothing labels actually are bendable and fairly soft which is important so they don't cause chaffing on kid's sensitive skin.  I really liked these labels and found them to be bright and colourful .  O was certainly proud to have them in his clothes and couldn't wait to show his pre-school teacher the cool label in his coat. 
Even the shoe labels are designed with left and right foot shapes, making it easier for my 3 year old to put on his shoes properly.

Teachers really appreciate clothing and personal items being labelled.  In my children's school, the policy is if it has the child's full name on it, they will actually return it to that child's class.  Otherwise, it all ends up in the lost and found and unless you are at the school nagging them to go find their stuff, it often stays there until donated. 

I've used the original labels on snack boxes and while I hesitated to put it through the dishwasher, it went through with flying colours.  It's really helped keep my son focused on grabbing his belongings and found that things that had their names on it actually ended up in his lunch bag more often than not.  Go figure. 

As for pricing, it's actually pretty reasonable.  You can order individually or take advantage of one of their packages starting at $26.99.  You actually get a lot of labels for that price and I found a little goes a long way.  Oliver's Labels also offers free shipping on orders over $30.00.

I think it's definitely a worthwhile investment.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

3 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.