; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: I did it!

Saturday, May 30, 2009

I did it!


I finally bit the bullet and submitted a short manuscript to two children's publishing companies yesterday.   I'm really nervous right now but I expect that will lighten up over the next few days.  It can take up to 3 months apparently for someone to get in touch with you and that is only if they like it.  If 3 months go by, you can pretty much take it that it was a no go. 

Oh but I am hoping they will like my story.  I know I've got more of them brewing in the back corners of my brain.  It would be an absolute dream come true for me.  I don't think there's big money in children's writing but can you imagine the pride in being able to say "..oh I just got my book published..."   or hearing  "Zeemaid, published children's author".  *L*  Okay, I'm grasping at dreams here and in reality I am trying to tell myself that it's a real long shot in the dark because I don't want to get my hopes up too much.  

Better to be a little pessimistic than too optimistic.  Saves you from a lot of heartache and disappointment.   I kid though... because I will be disappointed but I can always try again. 

So here's hoping and praying that I've got what it takes to make it as a children's writer. 

By the way, we're keeping it a secret (from family and friends that is) so mum's the word. shhh!

6 comments:

  1. wow, that's great! I wouldn't even know where to begin! I wrote my kids a story last year when Matt and i went on a cruise. I thought it would be neat for their Grandma to read them something i wrote while i was gone. They still ask me to read it to them. Do you mind me asking how you found the publisher and found out they were legitimate?
    Well, good luck! I hope it gets published!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is SO cool!! I really hope you hear some positive news! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your stories get published. Very exciting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAGGGHHH! This is exciting news! Congratulations! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so exciting! It stinks having to wait three months...wish you the best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! That's very impressive. The best of luck to you.

    Brittany
    KIWI Magazine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.