; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: The Goody Bag

Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Goody Bag

Everybody knows that kids only go to each other’s parties for the goody bags.  Drop a kid off at a party and you can bet they are eyeing up the table holding the Goody Bags.   

Depending on the party and how “together” the hosting mom is, Goody Bags can hold some serious swag.  Which, of course, makes the rest of us "last minute" moms envious.  However, most parties we end up going to hold a lot of junk from the dollar store.

Don’t get me wrong.  I fill my Goody Bags at the dollar store too.  After all when you’re hosting 10 plus kids you’re lucky to keep the cost under $10.00.  OMG.  That’s $100.00.  No way I spend that much.  At least I hope not.  Crap.  Seriously, parties can get out of hand even when you’re poor. 

This last party my daughter went to the good bag contained zero toys, just candy.  The bag was so full the paper ripped a little when they went to close it.  At first I was like, seriously?  A whole bag of candy?  Then I did a complete 360.  This mom is sooooo lucky her kid has an October birthday party.  So easy to take advantage of all those Halloween candy specials. 

Not only that, the bag was so full it seemed endless to my daughter and she had no problem doling out treats to her sister and brother.  She even was happy to share a treat with mom.  By the next day all the candy was gone and I had no crappy little toys kicking around the house.

So I’m thinking next party, candy, candy and more candy is the way to go.  How about you?

Zeemaid


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.