; window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-6252405-9'); In the Mommy Trenches: Lord, I'm Thankful

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lord, I'm Thankful

Lord, I'm thankful I have a roof over my head even though I really want to paint my house and can't afford to.

Lord, I'm thankful I have a loving husband who works hard for me and our family even though we might not always see eye to eye on everything.

Lord, I'm thankful I have three beautiful, healthy children even though they drive me crazy a lot of the time.  I could have still been struggling with infertility and crying my heart out.

Lord, I'm thankful I have a wonderful MIL who loves her grandchildren with all her heart and willing to open her pocket book to help us to send our daughter to dance school.

Lord, I'm thankful that I have wonderful parents that blessed me and my family this past weekend at a local fair when we didn't really have the money to go.  They went with us and we all had a grand time.

Lord, I'm thankful that E didn't make me get into that Hamster Ball at the fair.  I don't think I could have made it to the post and back.

Lord, I'm thankful for fresh corn on the cob smothered in butter and salt. Enough said.

Lord, I'm thankful that O loves to sing the ABC's.

Lord, I'm thankful that this day is over. The kids were really awful today. 

Lord, I'm thankful that E is a bright and energetic, passionate child and will be in school fulltime tomorrow, giving us all a little peace.

Lord, I'm thankful that J is a strong and independent child even though she drives me crazy when she tells me she won't listen to me.

Lord, I'm thankful that I have this blog to vent out my frustrations and feelings and that it has remained anonymous from 99 percent of my friends and family.

4 comments:

  1. The last one - remaining anonymous? So wish I could write that one down on my own thankful list.

    Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I love having an anonymous blog its soo refreshing to get out your frustrations or feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list,there really is so much to be thankful for and so easily we forget.

    I'm thankful for your comments on my blog on my SITS day - really thoughtful and sweet.

    I also thank the Lord for the corn - it's funny, my little boy has inherited my corn gene. You should see him go at the cob!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow-- you are anonymous? Found you on SITS and definitely following you now. I have 3 children, who are crazy... maybe you are really me?? I SO wish I could me anonymous at times. And I have much to be thankful for too... what a great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.